Travel to Southshore
If you're just joining in to the guide now, this is a great
place to start because the 20-30 zones have just been finished
and we're just moving onwards to the new areas. You can even
join in with an empty quest log - just ignore the quests which
continue past here (Sully Balloo's Letter, The Missing
Diplomat, Southshore, Plea to the Alliance).
Congratulations, you should easily be level 30 by now. Before
you start your grand adventure, wait! There's a lot
of shopping that needs to be done. Check the Auction House
/ Trade Chat for the following items:
- Hillman's Cloak (Or find a leatherworker - Mats:
5x Heavy Leather and 2x Fine Thread)
- Bolt of Woolen Cloth (Or find a tailor - Mats:
3x Wool Cloth)
- 4 Lesser Bloodstone Ore (They're rarely put
on the auction house, but if they're there, a great buy
for a quest coming up)
- Glyph of (Best For Your Class) - There are many
Major Glyphs which will be very strong for your class and
will help you level significantly faster. Look up in the
auction house Glyph of (Your Favorite Spell) - its generally
quite powerful and will help you level much faster.
- Bag Space - Buy as many Netherweave 16
Slot Bags as you can (Or if you can't afford it,
buy slightly smaller bag slots. Spend all your cash on these,
bag space will be vital. Old Blanchy's Feed Pouch isn't
good enough anymore!)
This can be a little pricy and you may be feeling the pinch
for gold already - but you need not worry about gold if you
check out the
Gold Guide page
for an awesome guide which will allow you to get to at least
ten thousand gold while you level up to 80 using this guide
as well. Never worry about the cost of skills, future mount
prices, and even be able to pick up some rare and epic gear
from the auction house with your gold as you level so you
can level even faster.
Fly to Ironforge.
Set your Hearthstone to Ironforge.
- At Ironforge, turn in Sully Balloo's Letter and
get the follow-up Sara Balloo's Plea.
- Turn that in to King Magni Bronzebeard, and get
the follow-up A King's Tribute.
- Turn the quest in to Grand Mason Marblesten and
get the follow-up A King's Tribute.
- Fly to Menethil Harbor, Wetlands.
- Ride northeast along the road out of Menethil Harbor
to Thandol Span - the bridge connecting the Wetlands
and Arathi Highlands.
Time to get another obscure quest, this is where the Swiftness
Potion (or mount) comes in! Head across the bridge,
then turn and head down the bridge which is broken from
the Arathi Highlands side. While standing at the ledge,
line yourself up with the piece sticking out off the broken
bridge, use your speed boosting ability, then jump onto
the platform below!
A Leap of Faith...
- After jumping, you'll be on the broken off bridge with
Foggy MacKreel. Get the quest MacKreel's Moonshine.
This is a 15 minute timed quest, you'll have to hurry along
the road. I did it without a mount with over three minutes
to spare, so you'll have plenty of time.
- Jump off the east side and swim east across the river.
- Climb up the same way again as the previous time. Then,
head along the path. First, make a quick pit stop at Refuge
Pointe - Get the Flight Path, and turn in the
quest Plea to the Alliance. Don't pick up any of
the quests here.
- Continue west to Hillsbrad Mountains.
- Continue along the path to Southshore. Note: Watch
out for the Forsaken Courier! Keep an eye out, if
its walking along the path, then get off it and avoid the
large entourage of mobs around the courier.
At Southshore, turn in:
And, Get the Flight Path. No need to pick up any
of the quests yet.
- MacKreel's Moonshine