Alliance Zangarmarsh Guide Part 1
Time to head off to Zangarmarsh! Abandon
all of your Hellfire Peninsula quests.
== ZONE NOTE == Whenever you kill a Sporebat
in this zone and you stand in melee range of it, you get
a nice +30 to all stats buff for 5 minutes. Kill a Sporebat
every so often to keep the buff on you as often as you can.
Also, you will need 6 Fertile Spores at the end which
can be found off Sporebats, so keep any you find and don't
- Head west out of Hellfire Penninsula to the Cenarion
Set your Hearthstone to Cenarion Refuge.
Turn in The Cenarion Expedition and pick up all the
quests in town (note: don't go up the tower to Warden
Hamoot until you get the quest "Warden Hamoot"
- if you get the quests from Warden Hamoot first, you cannot
get the quest Warden Hamoot):
- The Umbrafen Tribe
- The Dying Balance
- Disturbance at Umbrafen Lake
- Plants of Zangarmarsh
- Leader of the Bloodscale (Group)
- Leader of the Darkcrest (Group)
- Warden Hamoot and turn it in to get the follow-up
A Warm Welcome.
- Ride northwest along the path to Telredor - wait
at the platform for the lift to take you up. Get all the
- Fulgor Spores
- Menacing Marshfangs
- The Boha'mu Ruins
- The Dead Mire
- The Fate of Tuurem
- Too Many Mouths to Feed
- Unfinished Business
- The Orebor Harborage
- Head northeast and pick up Fulgor Spores and kill
all Marshfang Ripper along the way. Neither quest
has to be finished - just kill them while travelling northeast.
Also, kill Sporebats whenever you see one to get
its buff on death if you're in melee range of +30 to all
stats. (Note: don't sell any Fertile Spores which
can be found off of Sporebats, 6 are required for
a later quest)
Kill Sporewing who wanders around the southwest of
The Dead Mire.
- In the middle of The Dead Mire, pick up the Dead
Mire Soil. Also, kill all Withered Giants in
the area until you get a Withered Basidium which
starts a quest.
- Head southwest towards the tower and finish killing 10
Marshfang Ripper and collecting 6 Fulgor Spores.
- Return to Telredor and turn in:
- Fulgor Spores
- Menacing Marshfangs and get the follow-up Umbrafen
- The Dead Mire and get the follow-up An Unnatural
- Unfinished Business and get the follow-up Blacksting's
- Withered Basidium and get the follow-up Withered
- Head back northeast to The Dead Mire and kill 12
Withered Giant and killed hydras and bog lords for 5
Parched Hydra Sample and 5 Withered Bog Lord Sample.
- Return to Telredor and turn in
- Withered Flesh
- An Unnatural Drought
- Head southwest and continue along the coast of the Umbrafen
Lake. Kill 10 Mire Hydra as you go around the
- Clear a path through the naga (Note: you do not have
to collect enough Naga Claws to complete A Warm
Welcome, many naga will die in the future) to the
Umbrafen Lake Steam Pump to finish investigating
- Dive into the lake and kill Umbrafen Eels until
done collecting 8 Eel Filet.
- Head east out of the lake and head to Boglash and
kill it. Though elite, he is soloable.
- Head south to Umbrafen Village and kill 6 Umbrafen
Oracle, 8 Umbrafen Seer, and 6 Umbrafen Witchdoctor
on your way south through the villages.
- Kataru is in the southeast area of the village
- enter the large building and kill him on the top floor.
- Head northwest to Kayra Longmane, a trapped tauren.
Accept the escort quest Escape from Umbrafen. Follow
and protect her as she heads through the Umbrafen Village.
- Return to the Cenarion Refuge and turn in all your
quests and pick up the new ones:
- The Dying Balance and get the quests Watcher
Leesa'oh and What's Wrong at Cenarion Thicket?
- The Umbrafen Tribe and get the follow-up A
Damp, Dark Place
- Escape from Umbrafen
- Plants of Zangarmarsh and turn in the extra
Unidentified Plant Parts you have as well. Get
the quests Saving the Sporeloks and Safeguarding
- Disturbance at Umbrafen Lake and get the follow-up
As the Crow Flies.
For As the Crow Flies, stand next to Ysiel
Windsinger and use your Stormcrow Amulet to
turn into a crow and observe the various naga camps.
When done, turn in the quest and get the follow-up Balance
Must be Preserved.