Alliance Badlands Guide
Fly to Ironforge and turn in Stormpike's Deciphering.
Get Ironband Wants You!
Fly to Stormwind and turn in The Perenolde Tiara
and Return to Milton at the Stormwind Keep.
Also, get In Search of the Temple, from Brohann
Caskbelly in the southeastern part of The Dwarven District.
Train your skills.
Set your Hearthstone to Stormwind.
STOP! Before you head out flying, make sure to get
these items from the Auction House - they will earn
you a lot of experience points in the next zone. If they are
unavailable at the auction house, seek out crafters in trade
chat. They may seem pricy, but they are worth the gold because
the experience boost is substantial. You should be able to
afford them even without any gathering professions if you've
kept up with selling trade goods on the auction house. If
you don't have enough gold at this point, take a look at the
section for clever methods of making money - you could
have built up hundreds of gold by now!
- Frost Oil (Or find an alchemist. Mats: 4
Khadgar's Whisker, 2 Wintersbite, Leaded Vial)
- Gyrochronatom (Or find an engineer. Mats: 1
Iron Bar, 1 Gold Power Core OR 1 Gold Bar)
- Healing Potion (Should have one from your adventuring.
Or find an alchemist. Mats: 1 Bruiseweed, 1 Briarthorn,
1 Leaded Vial)
- Lesser Invisibility Potion (Or find an alchemist.
Mats: 1 Fadeleaf, 1 Wild Steelbloom, 1 Leaded Vial)
- Patterned Bronze Bracers (Or find a blacksmith.
Mats: 5 Bronze Bar, 2 Coarse Grinding Stone)
- Fly to Thelsamar, Loch Modan.
Get Badlands Reagent Run from the alchemist in town.
- Head east to Ironband's Excavation Site and get
turn in Ironband Wants You! and get the follow-up
- Head south into the Badlands.
- Kill a path south through the Coyotes.
- Arrive at Prospector Ryedol and Sigrun Ironhew
and get the quests:
- A Dwarf and His Tools
- Head north to Hammertoe's Dig Site and kill the
dwarves until you get Ryedol's Lucky Pick. Go to
the Crumpled Map on the top of the dig site and get
the quest A Sign of Hope from it.
- Head northeast to Camp Kosh and pick up the Supply
- Return to Prospector Ryedol and turn in:
- A Dwarf and His Tools
- A Sign of Hope, don't get the follow-up.
- Mirages and get the follow-up Scrounging.
- Head southwest to Martek the Exiled and turn in
Martek the Exiled. Get just these quests in this
camp, ignore the rest:
- Barbecued Buzzard Wings
- Head southeast to the troggs and at the northern side
complete Find Agmond at the Battered Dwarven Skeleton
and get the follow-up Murdaloc.
- Head south and kill 12 Stonevault Bonesnapper and
Murdaloc and continue killing troggs until you finish
collecting 10 Indurium Flakes.
- Return to Martek and turn in Indurium, don't
get the follow-up.
- Head northwest to Lotwil Veriatus and get Study
of the Elements: Rock.
Also, this is the place where all the items you bought come
in handy! Get the quest Coolant Heads Prevail and
complete it in with your Frost Oil and get the follow-up
Gyro...What? and complete it with your Gyrochronatom
and get the follow-up Liquid Stone and complete
it with your Healing Potion and Lesser Invisibility
- Head west and kill Lesser Rock Elementals and collect
10 Small Stone Shard.
Then, Return to Lotwil Veriatus and complete
and get the next step in Study of the Elements: Rock.
- Return west again and kill Rock Elementals and
collect 3 Large Stone Slabs and finish collecting
5 Rock Elemental Shard as well.
Then, Return to Lotwil Veriatus and complete and
get the next step in Study of the Elements: Rock.
- Head southwest to Apocryphan's Rest and kill the
many buzzards there to collect 5 Buzzard Gizzards and
4 Buzzard Wings. Kill the coyotes around as well
until done collecting the 10 Crag Coyote Fang. Note
that if there aren't enough Buzzards here to collect all
the quest items, come back on your return to the area after
- Head southwest to Camp Cagg and kill ogres until
you collect 7 Scrap Metal.
- Head west up the mountains to face Greater Rock Elementals
and kill them until you get 5 Bracers of Rock Binding.
- Return to Lotwil Veriatus and turn in Study
of the Elements: Rock and get the follow-up This
is Going to be Hard and go through the follow-ups. This
will summon a level 45 Elemental. Kill it and complete This
is Going to be Hard.
Also, complete the new quest Stone is Better than Cloth
with your Patterned Bronze Bracers.
- Head east to Martek and turn in Barbecued Buzzard
- Head northeast to Prospector Ryedol and turn in
- Head north to Loch Modan and turn in Murdaloc
to Prospector Ironband at the Excavation Site,
and head to Thelsamar and turn in Badlands Reagent